Happy 1st of September ! This past month has been so nice settling into our home and getting into a new routine. One of my goals once we settled in was to try one new recipe per week and share the ones that were hits. This stuffed pepper casserole was SO good. Just the right amount of protein, flavor and cheese 😋
Photo and recipe credits to: Cooking Professionally
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup uncooked white basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese blend
- Add the beef, bell peppers, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until the beef is browned and the veggies are softened.
- Add the garlic, stirring until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the beef broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and soy sauce. Stir until the mixture is well combined, and heat to a boil.
- Add the uncooked basmati rice and upon returning to a boil, reduce the heat to low. Cover the Dutch oven and allow to simmer for 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Remove the dish from heat, and stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and cover, allowing the cheese to melt (about 3-5 minutes).
Recipe and photo credits to: Cooking Professionally
Leave a Reply