The Best Homemade Dessert for the Holidays
There is something so special about making family recipes as an adult that you once ate as a kid. This spiced bundt cake is a recipe given to me from my aunt and I remember eating this all the time when I was little. There’s a huge sense of nostalgia and I wanted to share this recipe our family has enjoyed for years with you guys!
My aunt’s recipe calls for baby food jars of apricot and plums. I personally substitute it with jars of baby food pears, applesauce and/or prunes. I hope you guys really like it. It’s good to enjoy throughout the year, but it’s sooo good for the holidays especially.
I’m excited that I finally perfected this recipe for baking at high altitude! I made it for the first time since moving to Park City last year and it turned out totally wrong. But, with a few small tweaks, I got it right and am so happy because it’s such a favorite 🙂 I shared both versions below.
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 cup oil
- 4 ounces pear baby food (small jar)
- 6 ounces prune baby food (large jar)
- 4 eggs
- Mix dry ingredients together really well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with mixer.
- Spray pam on bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, add a couple of tablespoons of white and brown sugar together. Coat bundt pan with sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour.
I also added 2 holiday cocktail recipes that were a hit and looked so cute and festive. You can stop by this post to check it out.
Christina Lepano says
Hi! Trying to print but it says error.
Thank u! Can’t wait to try this!
Hi Christina! The print button is working now 💕💕