Hi friends! I have gotten around to posting a (much) better picture of this recipe, finally doing it justice!! The last photo was a much less appetizing but either way, it still tastes AMAZING. We made it again last night and we also serve with brown rice which is optional. Have a great day!
Crockpot Salsa Verde Chicken
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts about 5-6 large
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 cups salsa verde I love Trader Joe’s
- Add chicken to the crockpot, and then top with seasonings, cubed cream cheese, and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two forks. Use a whisk to mix the remaining sauce in the crockpot. The cream cheese may look a little lumpy, but it will smooth out as you stir.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the crockpot. Cook on low for another half hour to allow the chicken to absorb the creamy salsa verde sauce. Most of the time I cook this on high for 5 hours (because I forget to start it in the morning) and the chicken falls apart and is just as tender!
Leave a Reply