This recipe is another first for me. My friend Andrea also sent me this one to try.
Disclaimer on broiling:
This recipe involves broiling and I don’t know if it’s just me or what, but I always seem to have an issue with broiling things! It’s either not cooked or burnt. There’s no in between.
So what I did to check if the meatballs were ready was to cut one of them and see how it looks in the middle. Do any of you guys have this issue too, or is it really just me? I need to know! Other than that, it’s pretty simple and fast to make! Anyway, I’m so happy with how it turned out. You guys will love this one.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 pound ground beef 90 percent lean
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- cooking spray
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper and milk. Mix together until thoroughly blended.
- Preheat the broiler. Coat the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch skillet with cooking spray.
- Form meatballs that are approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place the meatballs in a single layer in the pan.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and browned on top. Drain off any fat or liquid in the pan.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the meatballs and sprinkle the cheese over the sauce. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply