I am not a cook, but I like home cooked meals and don’t want my kids eating out all the time. Sooo that means I only make super easy recipes that they will eat. Granted, I’m super lucky my kids are NOT picky eaters, but I think most of the recipes I am including in this series will be universally kid friendly like the chicken and rice casserole. I’m planning on introducing one new recipe per week for you. These are all tried and true recipes that we eat on a regular basis. I am starting with my kids favorite, as well as mine when I was growing up called 3 cheese casserole!
Hope you enjoy!!
- 1 pd ground beef
- 1 half of an onion diced
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream softened
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 bag egg noodles like these: https://rstyle.me/n/c6pnjabdtaf
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil the egg noodles.
- In a separate pot brown the ground beed and onion, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the fat, then add the tomato sauce and simmer for 5 min. Take off the heat.
- Next add the cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream. Drain the egg noodles and then add to the meat mixture and mix together.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and bake covered with foil for 30 min.
- Take the foil off for the last 5 min so the top can get a little crispy.
Leave a Reply