It’s 2019 and technology is more present in our lives than ever before. I know I am guilty of spending a lot of time behind the screen so I make a conscious effort to make sure my kids don’t get consumed with TV, fortnite, youtube… and everything else kids are into these days (I can’t keep up sometimes!), so I wanted to share 9 of my kid’s favorite toys that help keep them engaged and entertained.
The boy’s favorite toys:
- 8-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline – with the weather getting nicer, the trampoline with the attached basketball hoop is an outdoor favorite with the boys.
- Folding Hockey Goal Set – great if you’re looking for an ‘active’ activity for your kids and it folds up so it’s not heavy duty and doesn’t take up a lot of storage space.
- DIY Slime Kit – if your kids haven’t gotten into the slime trend yet, this kit has everything you need. I promise they will absolutely LOVE it.
- Snap Circuits Extreme Electronics Exploration Kit – has over 750 STEM projects and definitely will keep their brains engaged.
- LEGO Technic Power Functions Motor Building Kit – really fun add-on and must-have if your kids have the LEGO technic models.
- Crayon Factory – the boys love this art activity tool. It melts old crayon bits and molds it into different objects where they can re-use and color with!
- Make Your Own Mini Erasers – name says it all and has 35 different eraser designs.
- 16″ 3-Piece Kids Drum Set – good starter drum set if you have a kiddo that’s interested without breaking the bank.
- Envy Series 6 Scooter – something to look into buying if you want your kids to get more outdoor time!
Mommas, what do you do to help keep your kids engaged and entertained without resorting to technology?