Happy Monday! I dropped off all three boys at soccer camp this morning. Thankfully, we had some time to rest this weekend after coming back from our family San Antonio/Port A trip. Since Port Aransas is just a few hours drive from San Antonio, we thought it would be fun to stay at my parent’s house and show the boys around a few of my favorite spots I visited when I was growing up in SA. Although I haven’t lived in San Antonio for awhile now and a lot has changed, I’m glad to see my favorite go-to restaurants are still thriving. Our trip made me a little nostalgic so I wanted to share my favorite restaurants so you can eat like the locals at these hotspots and hidden gems. (All kid friendly by the way ????)
Top 5 Go-To Restaurants in San Antonio
- Paloma Blanca – The best patio and margaritas. We go here for dinner. I order the Pollo al Cilantro O Chipotle and do the half and half.
- Blanco Cafe – If you want down and dirty tex mex, this is your place. Omg the best enchiladas ever. It is a hole in the wall and no atmosphere, but soooo good.
- Paesanos – My favorite Italian food. Also a gorgeous patio.
- Zitos – Mom and Pop Sandwich shop. This was my go-to in high school. My favorite is the original or meatball sub and you must get a side of pinto beans.
- Josephine Street – A San Antonio staple that has been there forever! You must try the chicken fried steak!
Recommendations for The Pearl in San Antonio
The Josephine Street restaurant I mentioned above is near an area called The Pearl. There are a bunch of boutiques and restaurants scattered around The Pearl. It is absolutely gorgeous and you can even access the River Walk from there. There is a Food Hall and a large outdoor space where they play live music. Definitely walk over to Hotel Emma and grab a drink. This is an area you will not want to miss out on!
Another area you should go explore is Southtown. More yummy restaurants and it’s old San Antonio that has been renovated with lots of new hot spots (I would compare this to Bishop Arts in Dallas).
Please feel free to email me or leave a comment here with any questions you have!
Have a great day!