Deciding what to wear in New York during September is quite different from outfit planning for September in Texas. Meaning… I can actually get away with wearing layers without feeling like I’m going to get a heatstroke. Aside from the amazing weather, September is a great time to visit NYC with all that is going on with fashion week. If you have never been to New York or even if you’ve visited before, it can still be overwhelming with all of the hustle and bustle from the city. I’m recapping what I wore, hotels we stayed at during our 4-day NYC trip, and restaurant recommendations.
Where to Stay in SoHo
We stayed in SoHo during our entire trip since it was close in proximity to where we needed to be for our meetings. It’s the cutest neighborhood located in Lower Manhattan, NYC known for its shopping as well as for its lofts and art galleries. Not to mention, so many good restaurants within walking distance.
- NoMo SoHo – We stayed here our first two nights. The lobby was beautiful and our room was nice, but we decided that we wanted more room.
- Crosby Street Hotel – We spent our last two nights here. It was located just down the street from our first hotel. It has a pretty garden area outside (I shared two photos I took in the garden below) where you can hang out and relax. Also really cute for pictures! Our actual hotel room was amazing as well – huge windows with great views.
Places to Eat in SoHo
Because we were staying in SoHo, we didn’t venture very far out to the rest of the city. These were the three stand-out restaurants we ate at during our short trip in NYC. I’ll share the recommendations I got from you guys below as well – so many good Italian options!
- St Tropez SoHo – A wine bar and restaurant. One of the best French spots in the city. The food was amazing!
- Farida – For anyone who may not know, Mark is Russian so we couldn’t pass up the chance to visit a Russian restaurant while we were here. I think we ordered just about everything on the menu. Highly suggest visiting Farida for authentic Russian food.
- marea – Italian restaurant known for their seafood and pasta. If you are looking for a upscale dining experience, consider this one.
Restaurant Recommendations for NYC
- ABC Kitchen
- Black Tap (for burgers)
- Beauty and Essex (quite a few people recommended this place!)
- Blue Ribbon Brassiere
- Craft (family style)
What to Wear to Dinner or Going Out At Night in NYC
Next stop: I’m heading back to Park City at the end of this week with some of my sweet blogger friends for a girls getaway. If you have a trip planned or thinking about visiting, read my Park City Travel Guide if you need some ideas on where to stay, eat, things to do, etc. Talk soon!!