I know it’s the best time of the year when I get I get to bring out the winter decor. We don’t decorate for Christmas as we celebrate Hanukkah, but no matter what you celebrate, these winter theme pieces are perfect for anyone. For indoor holiday decor, I love the look of silver/white white with gold accents. It gives us that warm, cozy holiday feel. MacKenzie-Childs has a beautiful collection of holiday home decor right now. Their pieces are so elegant and helps bring out the festive feel in our house that I love.
I first became aware of the brand when I was fresh out of collage and working at my first job as the bridal registry consultant at the original Neiman Marcus store/headquarters in downtown Dallas. I especially loved the intricate work the collection had to offer and it was always a popular choice amongst the brides. Fast forward over 15 yrs later (yikes) and I am now working directly with Mackenzie-Childs! They hosted an amazing event a few weeks ago and I was able to become re-acquainted with the brand. I was lucky enough to meet the entire team, and find out so much more about the history of the brand. If you watched my stories, you saw that we event got to paint ceramics and learn how to make flower arrangements.
I’m working on a full holiday home tour right now, but I wanted to first showcase how the MacKenzie-Childs pieces transformed my bar cart. It makes me smile every time I walk by this room! Even Mark walked in a said “Wow, this is gorgeous”. I have the decor linked below and I’ll also be sharing my 5 must-have bar cart decor pieces along with a drink recipe I’ve been wanting to try for awhile now.
I also added a sneak peek of our formal dining tablescape that I’m excited to share as well because the MacKenzie-Childs pillar candles really made my centerpiece pop. I hope this gets you into the holiday spirit and gives you some ideas on how to decorate for the holidays this year!
5 Must-Have Bar Cart Decor Pieces
- Vase with Flowers – the Sweetbriar Vase from MacKenzie-Childs is the perfect size and color I was looking for. It’s large enough to take a substantial amount of space without taking too much room. Some people will do real flowers, but I prefer to do faux flowers since it’s less of a hassle to replace them every so often. I also added the Snowfall Flower Stem into the arrangement for a more holiday feel.
- Accent Decor – to create symmetry and to balance the vase on the right, I added another large accent piece. The Winter White Tree was perfect for that and I love that it adds to the winter theme. It’s a good non-Christmas piece for those who are looking for something holiday-related but not super traditional.
- Candles – I’m a huge fan of candles! Love them for the smell, but also that they double as cute decor. I got the 4″ Gold Bow Pillar Candle with the Ribbed Pillar Candle Holders for the perfect pairing.
- Drink Glasses – I have 3 different sets of glasses I like to have for the bar cart: wine, martini and tumbler. MacKenzie-Childs has the cutest holiday matching sets (linked below). To make sure I don’t overflow the bar cart with glasses, I separate it out by symmetrical sections.
- Last but not least, you need alcohol! And don’t forget to add your tools. The 3260 Bar Tool Set has a classic vintage look that blends in effortlessly.
I’ve been wanting to try this Pomegranate Martini recipe for awhile so I thought I would share it with you guys. The Blooming Martini Glass would be perfect to use for it. Please let me know if you try it and how you like it!
Snowfall Wreath // Winter White Tree // Sweetbriar Vase // Snowfall Flower Stem // Snowfall Wine Glass // 3260 Check Bar Tool Set – Courtly Check // Snowfall Wine Glass // Snowfall Tumbler // 4″ Gold Bow Pillar Candle // Ribbed Pillar Candle Holders // Winter Bouquet Candle
I love these gold vine dinner candle sticks – they’re amazing! They have so many great choices that it was hard to choose. Here are the other ones I was eyeing:
Stay tuned for the full home tour post coming soon to the blog and feel free to leave a comment or DM me if you have questions about any of my home decor pieces!
Thank you MacKenzie-Childs for partnering on this post.